Haptic Arm Master
- Research Background
- The wearable haptic device captures motion of user's arm to the virtual environment and virtual environment feedback force to user.
- Doo-Gie Min(Master., e-mail), Sam-Gon Cha(Master., e-mail)
- Research Objectives
- Develop wearable Exoskeleton haptic device.
- Develop light weighted exoskeleton haptic device.
- Transmit realistic force feedback to user according the event happened in virtual environment.
- Features of HAM
- Exoskeleton type.
- 5DOF : Shoulder 3DOF, Elbow 1 DOF, Wrist 1 DOF.
- Place Motro/retarder to the base and use wire to transmit force for make light weighted haptic device.
- Use encoder for measure motion of arm and hand.
<Schematics of HAM>
- Synchronize avatar with HAM and transmit the motion of HAM to avatar
- Manipulating the steering wheel and gear shift using HAM in CAVE
- Handling a refrigerator door and coffee pot using HAM
Last updated: 2012. 4. 24