Iterative Closest Point-based Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (ICP-SLAM)
- Research Background
- Environmental models provide information to conduct other navigation tasks such as localization and path planning.
- Difficulty in dealing with complex and large-sized 3-D information.
- Research Objectives
- Outdoor environmental modeling
- Efficient and accurate 3-D modeling
- Loop closing for mapping of large-scale environments
Fig. 1 2.5-D and 3-D mapping
Fig. 2 Three dimensional (3-D) map matching
Fig. 3 Outdoor environmental model constructed by SLAM algorithm
- Paper 1 :
Yong-Ju Lee, Yonghoon Ji, Jae-Bok Song, Sang-Hyun Joo, Performance Improvement of ICP-based Outdoor SLAM Using Terrain Classification, Proc. of International Conference on Advanced Mechatronics 2010, 2010.10.
- Paper 2 :
Yong-Ju Lee, Jae-Bok Song, Three-dimensional iterative closest point-based outdoor SLAM using terrain classification, Intelligent Service Robotics, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 147-158, 2011.04.
* Last updated: 2012. 4. 30.