Mono-SLAM Using An Upward-Facing Camera
- Seo-Yeon Hwang (Ph.D. candidate, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Research Backgrounds
- Features from the ceiling image result in a small change in the scale of features and affine parameters.
- Images from the upward-looking camera are affected little by dynamic obstacles.
- Infrequent change in ceiling structures.
- Research Objectives
- Monocular vision-based SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping) using upward camera in indoor environments.
- Stable SLAM in various environments.
- Implementation to a small-sized embedded system module.
- Research Output
- Using various ceiling features to achieve stable SLAM.
- Estimation of the robot pose and feature position/orientation using filtering techniques (e.g., EKF).
- Small-sized embedded SLAM module
- SLAM in home environment
- Related Documents
* Last updated: 2012. 4. 26