Moving object detection and avoidance
- In-Kwon Kim (M.S. ), Sang-Jun Jung (M.S. )
- Research Backgrounds
- Avoidance of moving objects is essential for safe navigation.
- The information of a range sensor is not sufficient to avoid dynamic obstacles such as a human while a vision sensor gives sufficient information.
- Human detection is one of the most important abilities in indoor environment.
- Research Objectives
- Moving object detection using both stereo cameras and encoders during robot movement.
- Robust tracking of moving objects using several features together, such as motion vector, color, etc.
- Paper 1 :
김인권, 송재복, 모션벡터와 색상정보에 기반한 이동로봇의 동적 물체 검출 (Moving Object Detection based on Motion Vector and Color Information), 제어자동화시스템 심포지엄 논문집, pp. 491-495, 2007.05.
- Paper 2 :
정상준, 송재복, SVM을 이용한 스테레오 비전 기반의 사람 탐지 (Stereo Vision based Human Detection using SVM), 정보 및 제어 학술대회, pp. 117-118, 2007.10.
* Last updated: 2012. 4. 30